About Me

My photo
Charlotte, North Carolina
I am starting out my social work career and my marriage. I write to relieve stress...mostly by sarcastically telling life stories.

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Lazy 5 Ranch

This weekend hubby and I needed to get out of the house. Somehow, on Saturday night I proceeded to sleep like 13 hours. Now- I admit I am a sleeper. I normally sleep about 9 hours a night. But, let me sleep 13 hours and I am a full out zombie when I wake up. I was incredibly grumpy and would have happily laid on the couch in my pj's never moving on Sunday.

Hence, we needed to get out. I try not to let myself just wallow around when I feel like that. Since we love animals, but have visited every local zoo at this point we decided to head to Mooresville to go to the Lazy 5 Ranch.

The Lazy 5 Ranch has tons of animals on it's property- everything from pigs, to water buffalo, to Texas longhorns, to zebras. You have two choices- you can either stay in your car and drive through the three miles of roads feeding the animals out of your car, or you can go a hay ride and feed the animals from there.

We are lazy and choose the car route. It was a lot of fun. I must admit that some of the animals were rather pushy and if you didn't hold onto your bucket of feed tight they would literally grab it from you. The car in front of us had their bucket stolen within one second of entering the area.

They also have an area that has different kinds of animals as a petting zoo- you just walk around that place. They had a gift shop, and possibly some other areas to roam around. Honestly, we ran out of time to see this stuff because we were in a hurry to get back home to watch the preseason Panther game with my brother!

Plus, the price for both of us and the food for the animals was only $20. That is the kinda fun that is in my budget!

Here is some of my favorite pictures of the day.


He was my favorite!






Happy Thursday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment